28 September 2008

Stockholm, Sweden Day 1


This is a panorama of the entrance of the Woodland Cemetery by Gunnar Asplund and Sigurd Lewerentz. After being there, I know understand why people say it is one of the most amazing landscapes of the 20th Century. Amazing.

So, I've been way behind. I am actually in Basel, Switzerland right now, which is great but fun. This morning we took a bus to France and the Ronchamp pligrimage church by Le Corbusier. I made the decision to draw and not take pictures. I'll get some from friends to post for the record. Then we drove to Germany and visited the Vitra Design Center, which is the headquarters of the Vitra furniture company. The visitors center is the first building by Frank Gehery in Europe, the fire station is by Zaha Hadid, the main production facilities are by Norman Foster, the warehouse is by Alvaro Siza and the conference pavillion is by Tadao Ando. Obviously there are a bunch of great architects building there. I'll post pictures soon (hopefully).

Anyway, here's Sweden (Day 1) and, yes folks, that's September 6 and 7.

Stockholm Day 1



No comments: