20 August 2009

Tortoise Show, ColumbiaClub, Berlin

Tortoise played the ColumbiaClub last night here in Berlin. Jeff put me on the list, which was great because tickets were 25 Euro! They played great and the crowd loved it. 3 Encores: Germans apparently love Tortoise. Requisite blurry show photo:


Requisite nighttime photo of ColumbiaClub:


The club was down the street from the LuftBrucke Plaza, which commemorates the Berlin Air Lift (Luftbrucke roughly translating to Air Bridge). Just to the south is the awesomely huge and classical Templehof Airport.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Who's Tortoise? Am I too old?

Daniel Sylvester said...

I don't think you're too old, Mom. These guys are from the mid-90s and fairly obscure outside the indie rock world. They're from Chicago though and I got to know them when I lived there....