01 August 2007

Oh dear. I haven't updated this for a year.

Well, the summer is almost over. The time to return to Austin and UT is approaching and to be honest I'm filled with dread. Oh, I like school fine, I'm just not ready to go back yet.

Here are some pictures of Seattle. It probably would have been better to post these at the beginning of the summer but what can I say? I'm lazy. This really is like web sssssssppppppppppaaaaaaaaaacccccccceeeeeeeee log. Anyway, I've been here since late May. Summertime in Seattle is amazing. Probably the nicest summer (at least weather-wise) I've ever lived through).


Here's the office where I work. It is a small residential design company called Coop15. Don't ask about the name, I have no idea. Architects love words and like to think they can be clever with them. They rarely are.




Here are some pics of a few of my co-workers. They are all "intern-architects" officially. That means they've had a ton of architecture school but still aren't legally allowed to call themselves "architect." There's about 3 years of internship and a number of tests to take before that can happen. Ah, protectionism! The first is a pic of Zeke checking some drawings in the conference room. The second is of Steve and Trevor up to no good. The desk I sit at is in the lower foreground.



Here's a nice pic of the Queen Anne neighborhood. It is really nice and pretty fancy. It is also really white (like, I suppose, most of Seattle). That part is still strange to me. I don't think I've seen one black person here since I started work.

Queen Anne is on top of hill just north of downtown. My bike ride is brutal because I have to ride down Phinney Ridge, cross the Fremont Bridge and then ride back up Queen Anne hill. Then reverse on the way home. Usually by Friday of every week I need a break off the bike. I know, poor me. I think the bike ride to work is actually one of the reasons this has been such a great summer. What's better than riding your bike to work everyday when it is 70 degrees and sunny? OK. I better post this before it gets too long.... DS

No comments: